What to do if you lose your ID

The paperwork costs $500 CLP (approx. US$ 1) and requires two (2) passport-sized photographs.


It is important to note that in case of the theft or loss of ID documents, tourists should go to any Department of Foreign Affairs (Departamento de Extranjería) or the International Police of the PDI, where an officer will provide you with a loss certificate.

For this, the foreigner must submit two photos (passport-sized) with his/her full name and document number.

This procedure costs 500 Chilean pesos.

Locations of the PDI

The PDI will be present at all host stadiums of the 2015 Copa América, as well as their presence at Immigration and International Police offices throughout the country.

For more information, visit the website of the PDI.